Now Hiring Xplore Leaders for Summer 2018
December 07, 2017
What is Xplore?
Xplore is a week-long program that occurs before New Student Orientation (NSO) from August 22-29th, and is designed for incoming first-generation students interested in science and math. Participants become part of a support network through participating in lab activities, meeting with key faculty and staff, learning how to prepare for academic success, sharing hopes and uncertainties, formulating goals, and taking part in social activities on and off campus.
What does an Xplore Leader do?
Leaders of the program plan and implement all Xplore activities. This includes coordinating meals, catering, lodging, group trips downtown, faculty speakers, and more. Leaders also serve as mentors to the students in the program, and facilitate evening discussions about personal and academic goals. Past program outlines and materials will be available to leaders. There are three leadership positions open for summer 2018.
Salary and Hours:
Leaders earn $12/hr and can expect to work approximately 50 hours pre-planning in the spring and summer and 80 additional hours implementing the program in August.
• Entering junior or senior year at Lewis and Clark College or recent graduates.
• Science or Math Major
• Must have energy, creativity, community building skills, and a desire to help others succeed.
• Students who are themselves first-generation students, or who have overcome significant obstacles in pursuit of academic success.
• Someone who is familiar with campus resources and departments.
• Students who have served in leadership roles.