Student Health & Counseling Hours Update for Winter Break
December 06, 2016
1. The Student Health Service will be closed on Friday, December 9th from 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. for staff training. With this exception, the Student Health Service will be open regular hours (8 a.m. to noon and 1-4 p.m.) through Thursday, December 15. The Student Health Service will be closed from Friday, December 16 and extending until Tuesday, January 17 for the semester break. At all times when the Student Health Service is closed, our Nurse Consultation Service is available to all students at 1-800-607-5501.
For local students who need medical care during the semester break, here are some options:
a. ZoomCare (503-684-8252) provides everyday health care, as well as urgent and preventative care. Locations include:
- 202 NW 13th Ave., Portland (accessible via the bus line)
- 7855 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland
- 111 “A” Avenue, Lake Oswego
- 6910 SE Milwaukie Ave., Portland (Sellwood)
- Bridgeport Village, 7421 SW Bridgeport Rd., Suite 220, Tigard
Students can check provider availability and schedule appointments online at zoomcare.com.
b. Contact information for other health care resources (including hospital emergency departments) is available at: go.lclark.edu/portlandhealthcare
Before accessing care off-campus, students should be mindful of whether the provider is covered by their insurance plan.
In case of medical emergency during break, contact 911 and (for on-campus emergencies) contact Campus Safety at 503-768-7777.
2. The Counseling Service will be closed on Thursday, December 8 from noon to 4:30 p.m. and on Tuesday, December 13 from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. for staff development and planning. With these exceptions, the Counseling Service will be open regular hours (8:30 a.m. to noon and 1-4:30 p.m.) through Thursday, December 15.
The Counseling Service will be closed from Friday, December 16 and extending until Monday, January 9. From January 9-January 13, we will be open for urgent care only, so that students needing crisis counseling or who have urgent needs can be assessed. During the week of January 9, students needing help should contact our desk at 768-7160 to schedule appointments. We will resume our regular operating schedule on Tuesday, January 17.
Whenever the Counseling Service is closed, students needing to speak with a counselor should call our after-hours crisis counseling service at 503-265-7804.
Best wishes for finishing finals and the semester break.
Student Health & Counseling Staff