Rotary Peace Fellowship
September 22, 2016
From the foundation’s website:
“Each year, Rotary selects up to 100 individuals from around the world to receive fully funded academic fellowships at one of five peace centers. These fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
“There are two kinds of Rotary Peace Fellowships. The master’s degree fellowships are held at premier universities in fields related to peace and conflict prevention and resolution. Programs last 15 to 24 months and require a practical internship of two to three months during the academic break. Each year, up to 50 master’s degree fellowships are awarded for study at
- Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- International Christian University, Japan
- University of Bradford, England
- University of Queensland, Australia
- Uppsala University, Sweden
“For experienced professionals working in peace-related fields who want to enhance their professional skills, there is a three-month program in peace and conflict prevention and resolution at Chulalongkorn University in Thailand.This program incorporates two to three weeks of field study. We award up to 50 certificates each year.
“The Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution. Our fellows are committed to community and international service and the pursuit of peace.
Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended
- Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service
- Excellent leadership skills
- Master’s degree applicants: minimum three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, bachelor’s degree
- Certificate applicants: minimum five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong academic background
Deadline: May 31