STUDENT HEALTH & COUNSELING HOURS UPDATE
December 16, 2014
The Student Health Service will be closed beginning on Friday, December 19 and extending until Tuesday, January 20. In the month between, our Nurse Consultation Service will be available to all students 24/7 at 1-800-607-5501.
For local students who need medical care during the semester break, here are some options:
- ZoomCare (503-684-8252) provides everyday health care, as well as urgent and preventative care. Locations include:
- 202 NW 13th Ave., Portland (accessible via the bus line)
- 111 “A” Avenue, Lake Oswego
- 6910 SE Milwaukie Ave., Portland (Sellwood)
- Bridgeport Village, 7421 SW Bridgeport Rd., Suite 220, Tigard
- Contact information for other health care resources (including hospital emergency departments) is available at: go.lclark.edu/hospitals
Before accessing care off-campus, students should be mindful of whether the provider is covered by their insurance plan.
In case of medical emergency during break, contact 911 and (for on-campus emergencies) contact Campus Safety at 503-768-7777.
The Counseling Service will be closed beginning Friday, December 19 until Monday, January 12.
From January 12-January 16, we will be open for urgent care only, so that students needing crisis counseling or who have urgent needs can be assessed. During the week of January 12, students needing help should contact our desk at 768-7160 to schedule appointments. We will resume our regular operating schedule on Tuesday, January 20.
Whenever the Counseling Service is closed, students needing to speak with a counselor should call our after-hours crisis counseling service at 503-265-7804.