May 26, 2009

The program leads to an Oregon teaching license. Can I take the Oregon license to another state?

The Oregon teaching license transfers to most states.

Once you hold your Oregon license, you can then apply for a teaching license in other states. Many states will issue a preliminary out-of-state teaching license good for a period of time allowing you to meet any additional licensing requirements in the new state (often additional testing or course work). It is best to check the licensing requirements of the state to which you will be relocating after the program. Detailed information on state licensing is available on the Career and Licensing Services’ website.