As a Philanthropy Council Parent Associate, you grow the philanthropic connection between your parent community and the college. You serve an important role on the Lewis & Clark Philanthropy Council (LCPC), contributing to LCPC’s overarching goals of increasing parent involvement and giving.
Each year, LCPC sets goals for parent associates. Specific, measurable goals are set at the annual Philanthropy Council Summit. In general, parent associate goals include:
- Increase the number of parents giving to the Parents Fund.
- Increase parent membership in the Leadership Society.
- Raise a certain amount of funds through personal outreach.
Parent Associate Duties
- Practice what you preach – give before the first session each year
- Select 10-20 parents to personally steward throughout the year
- Ask other parents to give via email, phone calls, and/or personal notes
- Post, like, and share about giving to LC on social media
- Personally thank parents when they give
- Read and actively participate in LCPC communications and trainings
- Recruit 2 other parents to be Parent Associates each year
This year’s sessions are:
- Pre-session: August 7, 2018 – August 21, 2018
- October 17, 2018 – November 14, 2018
- February 25, 2019 – March 22, 2019
Each session, you’ll spend about 5-10 hours volunteering (or 1-2 hours per week) depending on how many parents you select.
Your time as a Parent Associate is not termed. However, we do ask you serve at least one year. After one year as a Parent Associate, you are eligible to become a Parent Director.
You are supported! Annual Giving offers several ways to help you become more confident in your role. Some of those ways include:
- Comprehensive materials
- Examples and templates
- Conference calls
- Live and recorded webinars
- Regular updates and reports
- LCPC Parent Listserv to communicate with other Parent Associates
Join Lewis & Clark Philanthropy Council and make a difference! You’ll bring other parents closer to the College and foster a community of philanthropy. It can’t happen without you.
Inquiries are always welcome. Contact Julie Newsome at email@example.com or 503-768-7963.