Music Department COVID Policies
REQUIREMENTS FOR SINGERS AND WIND PLAYERS
- All singers and wind players must be fully vaccinated and boosted, without exception.
- Masks will be optional in ensembles, though ensemble directors may choose to require them depending on local COVID trends.
- Masking in music lessons will be decided upon by individual instructors.
PRACTICING IN EVANS
Anyone who uses a practice room must sign in and sign out on the sheets posted to each practice room door. You must wait to enter a room until 30 minutes after the previous occupant has left.
Unvaccinated students must remain masked in the practice rooms.
Students are required to observe all of the posted protocols, which include:
- Not sharing a practice room with another person.
- Washing and sanitizing hands before using shared equipment, like pianos.
- Wiping down pianos after use.
- Leaving practice rooms doors propped open with the provided door stops.
Your commitment to these protocols helps to ensure the safety of our community. Any student found to be violating protocols will be reported to the college and will lose practice room privileges for the remainder of the semester.
GENERAL ROOM USAGE
There is to be no unscheduled room usage in Evans Music Center. To reserve a room, please email Becky Guderian at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that room availability will be greatly curtailed this year.
RECITAL AND COLLABORATION
Performers wishing to collaborate with another musician on campus must receive special permission from the department; please contact the department chair, Susan Smith, to submit a COVID safety proposal.
Ensemble directors and students preparing recitals must have their COVID rehearsal and performance safety plan pre-approved by the department chair.
Questions? Please email our Administrative Specialist, Becky Guderian, at email@example.com.