Quantitative Reasoning Exam
The placement exam is administered online through ALEKS Placement, Preparation, and Learning system (ALEKS PPL). This adaptive testing system will assess your mastery over a broad range of mathematical topics ranging from basic arithmetic to precalculus (including trigonometry). Your score on the test will determine what math and science classes you can register for.
Incoming students who have not yet arrived on campus, please follow the instructions sent to you.
Continuing students, please follow the instructions below to set up an account or renew access. If you would like to retake the exam to improve your score, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for taking the Assessment
- Sign up to take the exam by clicking on the link in the blue box above.
- Set up or renew your account with ALEKS.
- Enter the Course Code M3NWR-AEPA3 when prompted. You will then enter your credit card information to pay the $25 fee to set up your account. This fee includes FIVE exam attempts as well as 6 months in an adaptive online learning module.
- Take a Practice Test and/or and review for the real deal.
- If you are setting up or renewing an account, use your first exam as a practice test! (Your score will not be automatically recorded. Please email email@example.com if you would like this score to be recorded.)
- If you have already taken an ALEKS test, use the learning module to review and prepare. If you have already taken Precalculus (in high school) you should choose the Prep for Calculus module, otherwise you should choose the Prep for Precalculus Module. Both modules include all of the content from the Prep for College Algebra module.
- Once you finish the exam, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure your score gets recorded.
Calculators? Time Limits? What’s on the exam?
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
For any question or issues, please email email@example.com