- Academic English Studies (ESL)
- Asian Studies
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Exploration and Discovery
- Foreign Languages
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- German Studies
- Health Professions
- Hispanic Studies
- International Affairs
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Media Studies (formerly Communication)
- Sociology and Anthropology
Quantitative Reasoning Exam
This information is for CONTINUING students. If you are an incoming student, please use the links from your GPS.
The placement exam is administered online through ALEKS Placement, Preparation, and Learning system (ALEKS PPL). This adaptive testing system will assess your mastery over a broad range of mathematical topics ranging from basic arithmetic to precalculus (including trigonometry). Your score on the test will determine what math and science classes you can register for.
*** IMPORTANT DATES ***
PROCTORED Exam for Continuing Students
Instructions To take the Assessment
for CONTINUING (not incoming) students
- Sign up to take the exam by clicking on the link in the blue box above.
- Set up or renew your account with ALEKS.
- Enter the Course Code WLXJR-CTAAY when prompted. You will then enter your credit card information to pay the $25 fee to set up your account. This fee includes FIVE exam attempts as well as 6 months in an adaptive online learning module.
- Take a Practice Test and/or and review for the real deal.
- If you are setting up or renewing an account, use your first exam as a practice test! (Your score will not count as your placement score. Only proctored results will be recorded by the registrar.)
- If you have already taken an ALEKS test, use the learning module to review and prepare. If you have already taken Precalculus (in high school) you should choose the Prep for Calculus module, otherwise you should choose the Prep for Precalculus Module. Both modules include all of the content from the Prep for College Algebra module.
Calculators? Time Limits? What’s on the exam?
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
For any question or issues, please email us at QRadvice@lclark.edu