- Academic English Studies (ESL)
- Asian Studies
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Exploration and Discovery
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- German Studies
- Health Professions
- Hispanic Studies
- International Affairs
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Media Studies (formerly Communication)
- Sociology and Anthropology
- World Languages
Are you planning to take a mathematics course numbered MATH 131 (Calculus I) or above?
If so, please read the following. Otherwise click here to skip to the next section.
- If you have a score of 4 or 5 on the AP Calculus AB exam then you can register for MATH 132: Calculus II.
- If you have a score of 4 or 5 on the AP Calculus BC exam then you can register for any course with a MATH 132 prerequisite, such as any 200 level math course.
- Placement in Math 131 is determined by the new ALEKS exam, or by obtaining the consent of the instructor.
- If you have a score of 5, 6, or 7 on an International Baccalaureate standard level or higher level mathematics exam, then talk to someone in the Mathematics Department about placement in Math 131 or above. (Or email QRadvice@lclark.edu)
NEW STUDENTS: If your IB or AP scores have not YET been recorded by our Registrar’s office, then you would need to wait for this to happen OR email the Math Sciences Dept. for placement by advising. QRadvice@lclark.edu
If you want to register for any course with prerequisite “QR101 or equivalent” you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Achieve a score of 53% or higher on the ALEKS placement exam.
- A score of 4 or 5 on an AP exam in Calculus AB or BC
- A score of 5, 6, or 7 on an International Baccalaureate higher level or standard level mathematics exam
- Successful completion of QR101
For other questions, contact QRadvice@lclark.edu