Registration Information for Continuing Students
Details about registration for the fall 2022 semester are below. Still have questions? Consult Registration for Upcoming Semesters advice on the Registrar’s website, and/or email the College Advising Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students register in the following order, and then registration remains open until August 12:
|First Round: 1 course of more than 2 credits||
4/12 Rising Seniors
4/13 Rising Juniors
4/14 Rising Sophomores
|Second Round: All other courses||4/19 Rising Seniors||4/20 Rising Juniors||
4/21 Rising Sophomores
Things to keep in mind before you register for classes:
- Consent to register: All students need permission from an Advisor to register for classes, and should meet with their Faculty Advisor during the pre-registration advising period. If you do not have permission when your registration window opens, contact your Faculty and/or College Advisor immediately.
- Registration times: Your registration days and times are based on the cohort year you entered LC. Registration start times are staggered each morning, and start at 7am. Registration stays open until 4pm each day during Round 1, and remains open after the start of Round 2. Each student’s unique registration days and times are listed under “Registration Permissions” in WebAdvisor.
- Special permissions: If you are interested in a course but have not met the prerequisite, you can email the Professor of the course (as listed in WebAdvisor) to discuss permission to enroll in the course. If granted, their permission will appear in “Registration Permissions” in WebAdvisor and you can register for the course. If an instructor is not listed in WebAdvisor (“Staff”), you may email the chair of the department the course is in for advice.
- Class standing and course restrictions: Students with sufficient transfer credits and/or advanced standing credits may register for courses which do not align with their cohort year. For example, a first-year student with 29 or more credits has Sophomore class standing and can therefore register for courses that require Sophomore standing. The Class Standing section of the College Catalog provides further detail.
After registration opens:
- If you missed Round 1: Sign up for all courses in the second round.
- After Round 2: Online Registration reopens for all continuing students on April 21 and remains open through August 12 for students to make changes to their fall schedules. However, all classes with reserved seats for incoming first-year students will be closed to continuing student registration from June 15 - August 12. After August 12th, the only way for a student to register in a course is with the instructor’s WebAdvisor permission during the add/drop period.
Notes about waitlists:
- Don’t rely on them: Students should always waitlist for courses they cannot register for outright but are eager to take (if a new section of the course is opened, for example, students on the waitlist are offered spots in the new section first). However, do not depend on the waitlist: you should register for an alternative class instead of relying on only the possibility of a seat.
- Round 1: If a course you wanted to register for as your priority class is closed when your registration window opens, add yourself to the waitlist first, then register for an another, open course. You may add yourself to more than one waitlist. Once you have registered for a course in Round 1, you cannot add yourself to any waitlists in this round.
- Round 2: Once this round is open, you may add yourself to the waitlist for any class that is listed as “closed” in WebAdvisor (meaning there are no open seats in the course, but also no students on a waitlist yet) or already has a waitlist.
- Irregular issues: If you would like to waitlist for another section of a course for which you are already registered, or waitlist yourself for lab or conference sections, contact the Registrar’s Office directly at email@example.com
- Check email: When a space becomes available in a waitlisted course, the first student on the list will be emailed and will have 48 hours to register for that class. After that, the permission to register will expire and the seat will be offered to the next student on the waitlist. Waitlists are processed until August 12, so be sure to check your email frequently over the summer.
- When certain waitlists disappear in June: Continuing students’ waitlists for courses with reserved seats for first-years are sent to instructors, and then disappear from WebAdvisor, on June 15. Continuing students are notified that these waitlists are hidden on WebAdvisor, but are still being maintained by the Registrar’s Office.
- When all waitlists disappear: After registration closes in August and prior to the start of classes, waitlist processing ends for the summer, all waitlists are removed from WebAdvisor, and each instructor manages their own class roster during the add/drop period.
- If you don’t get a spot off the waitlist: If you do not get into a class before the semester begins, you may email the course instructor and ask their advice. You may also attend the first class. There is no guarantee that there will be space, or that the instructor will allow you to join the class, however.
- If you do not intend to return to LC in the fall, be sure to contact the Registrar’s Office regarding a Leave of Absence or Withdrawal.
- Need help deciding what to register for, before or after registration opens? Speak with your Faculty and/or College Advisor. You may book an appointment with a College Advisor throughout the summer here.
- After Round 2, when registration is fully open, you can see all classes that have open spots by entering the term (“CAS - fall 2022”) and checking the “Open Sections Only” box then clicking “Submit” in the Search for Sections screen.