- Academic English Studies (ESL)
- Asian Studies
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Exploration and Discovery
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- German Studies
- Health Professions
- Hispanic Studies
- International Affairs
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Media Studies (formerly Communication)
- Sociology and Anthropology
- World Languages
Recent Lewis & Clark graduates have successfully entered veterinary medicine programs at OSU, University of Wisconsin, The Ohio State University, Washington State University, and Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine.
The Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC) publishes a summary of course prerequisites required by veterinary schools. Generally, course prerequisites are similar to those for Medicine, with the recommended addition of Genetics (BIO 151/380) and Microbiology (not offered at L&C, but can be taken at Portland Community College).
Other admissions requirements:
- GRE/MCAT: More programs require applicants to complete the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the MCAT
- Animal and Clinical Experience: Volunteer with a veterinarian to gain wide variety of animal and clinical experience, and appreciation for the veterinary medical field.
Consider becoming a member of the American Pre-Veterinary Medical Association (APVMA) to access more resources and connect with other pre-vet students.
Applying for most veterinary medical programs is done through the Veterinary Medical College Application Service.