Contact: Sam Alexander or Sam Benson
Pioneer Men’s Lacrosse offers students a wide variety of avenues in which to become involved in the fastest growing sport in the US. We have players with varying levels of experience and welcome anyone interested in playing to join us.
We are currently attempting to rejoin the PNCLL and hope to be playing in the league again by the 2014 season. For the 2012-2013 season, we will have a full time coach with MCLA Division I coaching experience. Alex Tillson (‘04) also brings years of SEMLA (South of England Men’s Lacrosse Association) playing experience to the table and currently plays for the Portland Rippers.
For the upcoming season, there will be no shortages for opportunities to play lacrosse. So far, here is what we have to look forward to:
- Fall Indoor Box Lacrosse: we will be playing in Lacrosse Northwest’s fall indoor box league every Sunday throughout the fall semester. Discounts will be available for members of Pioneer Lacrosse. In addition to playing a 1-hour “open” game with mixed teams each week, we will also play a second game of PioLax versus a Lacrosse Northwest “Select Team”. Both of these games will be highly competitive.
- Fall “Saturday Night Lax” Series: subject to availability at Griswald Stadium, on Saturdays, once or twice a month, we will have an open lacrosse game, rain or shine. This will feature players from the Portland Rippers, Pacific University, George Fox, Linfield, PSU, University of Portland, 503Lax and Rip City Riot. Invite ANYONE you know in the Portland metro area who would want to play!
- Spring Season: during the spring season, we will be scrimmaging against the following lacrosse clubs: Portland Rippers, PSU, University of Portland, Willamette, Pacific Lutheran University, Whitman, Puget Sound, and a mixed team of Pacific University, Linfield, and George Fox players. This season, all games will be “scrimmages” because we are still not yet members of the PNCLL. However, if all goes smoothly, we will have a similar schedule next season and all games then will be officially sanctioned by the MCLA.
Additionally, Pioneer Lacrosse has healthy relationships with several youth and high school lacrosse programs which can offer you PAID COACHING POSITIONS for the spring semester. Last season, we had 4 members of Pioneer Lacrosse coach for Wilson Boys Youth Lacrosse, Riverdale Highschool, and Lacrosse Northwest and we are always looking for more players interested in coaching positions.
Roster as of September 2012:
Coach: Alex Tillson
- Sam Alexander (‘16) - Defense
- Sam Benson (‘15) - Attack
- Neil Brockett (‘14) - Midfield
- Spencer Byrne-Seres (‘13) - Defense
- Julian Cross (‘14) - Defense
- Noah Dates (‘15) - Attack
- Lucas Ehrhard (‘16) - Defense
- Max Haworth (‘16) - Midfield
- Wade Higgins (‘13) - Defense/Midfield
- Woody Johnson (‘15) - Goalie/Defense
- Alex Lewandowski (‘16) - Defense
- Walker Mitchell (‘13) - Midfield
- Devin Owen (‘14) - Midfield
- Canaan Schlesinger (‘13) - Midfield
- Oli Shaw (‘15) - Attack/Midfield
- Greg Soto (‘14) - Midfield
Wed. Sept. 19th: Practice @ Griswald Stadium 8:30pm
Sat. Sept. 22nd: Open Game @ Griswald Stadium 7pm (be there 6:30pm)
Sun. Sept. 23rd: Open Game @ University of Portland 5pm (meet out front of Templeton w/ gear at 4pm)
Wed. Sept. 26th: Practice @ Griswald Stadium 8:30pm
Sat. Sept. 29th: Open Game @ Griswald Stadium 7pm (be there 6:30pm)
Wed. Oct. 3rd: Practice @ Griswald Stadium 8:00pm
Sat. Oct. 6th: LAREDO Tournament @ Hillsboro Stadium 9am (be there 8:45am)
Sun. Oct. 7th: LAREDO Tournament @ Hillsboro Stadium 9am (be there 8:45am)
Wed. Oct. 10th: No practice (fall break)
Sat. Oct. 13th: Open Game @ Griswald Stadium 7pm (be there 6:30pm) (fall break)
Wed. Oct. 17th: Practice @ Griswald Stadium 8:00pm
Wed. Oct. 24th: Practice @ Griswald Stadium 8:00pm
Sat. Oct. 27th: Alumni Game @ Griswald Stadium 7pm (be there 6:00pm)
Wed. Oct. 31st: HALLOWEEN Practice @ Griswald Stadium 8:00pm YOU MUST COME IN COSTUME (this will be a shorter, fun practice)
Sat. Nov. 3rd: Open Game @ Griswald Stadium 7pm (be there 6:30pm)
Wed. Nov. 7th: Practice @ Griswald Stadium 8:00pm
Sat. Nov. 10th: Open Game @ Griswald Stadium 7pm (be there 6:30pm)
Wed. Nov. 14th: FINAL Fall Practice @ Griswald Stadium 8:00pm - Scrimmage vs. LC Women’s Lacrosse team
Sat. Nov. 17th: Open Game @ Griswald Stadium 7pm (be there 6:30pm)
The Office of Student Activities is located in the main level of Templeton Campus Center.
Director of Student Activities Jason Feiner
Office of Student Activities
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 187
Portland, Oregon 97219