Diversity Roundtable & Professionals of Color Network at Lewis & Clark
What is it?
After numerous discussions regarding the need for Lewis & Clark (L&C) faculty and staff of color to have opportunities to get together, network, and make connections with one another, several staff and faculty members have created the new L&C Professionals of Color Network.
The purpose of the network is to provide an opportunity for faculty and staff across all three campuses (Undergrad, Grad, and Law School) to make connections with one another.
The Professionals of Color Support Network is sponsored by the Office of Multicultural Affairs and the Office of the Dean of Students and Chief Diversity Officer.
Diversity Roundtable Series for Professionals of Color Network 2010-2011
Group Discussions will take place on or near every fourth Thursday of each month: 12-1pm in Thayer.
Building Community: creative strategies for meaningful engagement at Lewis & Clark and in greater Portland
Are We All Discussing Same Thing? Exploring emerging nuances between the language and politics of diversity, equity, and inclusion
November 18th (Third Thursday)
Communities of Color in Portland: Challenges and opportunities
Having Courageous Conversations about Race: How do we start?
Supporting Our Students of Color: Implications for recruitment and retention of underrepresented students.
Developing Good Relationships with Allies for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
Past Group Discussions:
Every second Tuesday of each month at noon with locations alternating across all three campuses.
- Post-Racial in America and Lewis & Clark: Fact or Fiction?
- The issue of Critical Mass and Employees of Color: Analyzing Previous Efforts and Identifying Potential New Solutions.
- Upcoming Faculty/Staff Searches: Strategies for Representation.
- The Bicultural Experience for People of Color at Lewis & Clark
- Cultural Competency at Lewis & Clark: What Should We Expect People to Know?
- Professional Development for Employees of Color: How Can We Support Each Other for the Next Step?
- Other Educators of Color in Portland: How are Their Experiences Similar or Dissimilar?
The Office of Multicultural Affairs is located in Templeton Campus Center on the Undergraduate Campus.
Associate Dean of Students and Director of Multicultural AffairsLatricia Brand
Office of Multicultural Affairs
Lewis & Clark
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 126
Portland, OR 97219