We are a collaborative team of staff and student leaders committed to your success. We know your success depends on making strong connections with the community, so we’ve designed this retreat to give you a unique opportunity to do so. Offices represented at this retreat include Academic Advising, Career Center, Student Support Services, Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement, Athletics, Campus Living, Writing Center, Math Skills Center, Watzek Library, College Outdoors, and the office of the Dean of the College and Dean of Students.
In addition to the professional staff members involved with Great Expectations, a group of current students will also be available as peer mentors. Every LEAP Mentor also identifies as a first generation college student or student of color. The LEAP Mentors are trained to work specifically with GE participants. They provide GE participants mentorship, guidance, and friendship!
For more information or to register for the program, please contact Rachel Orlansky, Director of Student Support Services and GE Coordinator at: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503.768.7143. You can also contact Angela Buck, Interim Director for Inclusion & Multicultural Engagement at email@example.com.
Great Expectations 2017 Planning Committee:
- Rachel Orlansky, Associate Dean of Students and Director of Student Support Services
- Angela Buck, Interim Director for Inclusion & Multicultural Engagement
- Dominique Gardner, Area Director for Platt-Howard Hall
- Kayleigh McCauley, Director of Student-Athlete Development
- Arianna Figeuroa, Administrative Coordinator for Campus Living