Our Signature Programs & Services
- Provide academic, social, and cultural support to individual students from underrepresented communities
- Advise the Multicultural Clubs Consortium, support multicultural student organizations, and host the Diversity In Leadership Retreat
- Facilitate a monthly community Diversity Dialogue Series on a variety of current events and hot topics related to diversity, identity, and cross-cultural experience
- Foster campus engagement and education on topics of diversity, inclusion, social justice and cultural competency through the Pluralism and Unity Project, a student-lead programming board
- Coordinate heritage month celebrations for Native American & Alaska Native Heritage Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Black History Month, and Asian American Heritage Month, Coming Out Week, Multiracial Identity Week, and other programs.
- Serve as a connection between the local Portland community and Lewis & Clark faculty, students and staff with our Multicultural Resource Guide and Diversity Roundtable for professionals of color and allies.
- Host the OMA Reads Project, which selects novels by writers that feature underrepresented voices in literature.
- Host annual receptions and special events to recognize and celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Diversity in Leadership, and Alumni of Color.
- Co-sponsor campus events with our Diversity Initiative Grants: let us know if you would like to partner with us around a programming idea.
The Office of Multicultural Affairs is located in Templeton Campus Center on the Undergraduate Campus.
Associate Dean of Students and Director of Multicultural AffairsLatricia Brand
Office of Multicultural Affairs
Lewis & Clark
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 126
Portland, OR 97219