Early Housing Sign-up
*Forms must be submitted between 9am January 17th and 5pm February 3rd to qualify for Early Sign-up incentives.*
Campus Living is extending to all rising junior and senior cohort groups a chance to sign-up early to secure campus housing for the 2017-18 academic year. We are very excited about this incentivized option and the benefits it affords to our upper division students.
How to Apply
1. Students interested in the living in the apartments should complete both a Lease Agreement and the Apartment Application, plus a Roommate Preference Sheet. (Only one Apartment Application necessary per group of roommates.)
Students interested in a single or double room in a residence hall (Juniper included) should complete a Residence Hall Contract and a Roommate Preference Sheet.
2. Submit your completed paperwork to the Office of Campus Living before 5pm on Friday, February 3rd and draw your priority lottery number.
Why Apply Early?
Early sign-up gives you priority in the housing assignment process! In recent years, the apartments, Juniper, and most single rooms in Holmes filled during the early sign-up process, so if you want to live in these areas, early sign-up is a must!
Campus Living is also waiving the $200 housing deposit for all students who apply during the early sign-up process. No money up front! However, should you cancel your early sign-up contract or lease at any point until the halls open in September 2017, you will be charged a $200 cancellation fee.
According to the news media, rental properties in the Portland area are hard to come by and rental rates continue to rise, so living on campus may be the best alternative. Reserving now means no worries later.
Now, if that isn’t enough to cinch the deal or at least cause you to think seriously about this opportunity, we have also put together a list of additional “rewards.” We’re going all out to entice you to stay on campus! Incentives include:
-Meal Plan Options - RESERVED for Juniors, Seniors and Graduate students only:
- 100 Block Plan w/200 Flex ($1,769/semester*) - You can choose any 100 meals in Fields Dining Room during the semester and have 200 flex points to spend at any Bon Appetit location. Unused flex will carry over to the Spring, but unused meals will be lost at the end of the semester.
- 50 Block Plan w/300 Flex ($1,447/semester*) - You can choose any 50 meals served in Fields Dining Room over the semester and have 300 flex points to spend at the other Bon Appetit outlets on campus. Unused flex carries over to Spring semester but unused meals are lost.
- Flex Only w/625 points ($650/semester*) for apartments dwellers only.
*Prices subject to Board of Trustee approval 2/17.
-Prizes! In addition to the first choice of rooms, upperclass meal plan options and the waived deposit, you will also be eligible to win awesome prizes. In past years, we have offered four gift cards to our prize winners. If you cancel your housing commitment, you will not be eligible to win.
Special Early Sign-up Events
Here are some additional reasons not to wait until the last minute! All events are from 3-4pm in the Campus Living Office (Templeton 110).
January 20: Life is Sweeter On-Campus: Cookies* w/sign-up
January 27: Campus Living is Cerealsly Awesome: Cereal & Milk* w/sign-up
February 1: Don’t Take Your Chances Off-Campus: L&C t-shirt raffle ticket w/sign-up
February 3: It’s a Jungle Off-Campus: Pet a pet w/sign-up
*while supplies last
The deadline to submit your housing request and participate in early sign-up is February 3rd at 5 PM. Check out our Early Sign-up FAQs for more details.