START A CAREER OF DISCOVERY!
Summer science internships with optional teaching opportunities
Investigate life as an educator or science researcher today.
Lewis & Clark offers paid opportunities to work with local high-school students and teachers in science and math classrooms, and paid summer research positions in science and math to work with L&C faculty and local high school students. Be part of a team that is fostering a new generation of educators, scientists and mathematicians.
Research at Lewis & Clark
Research at OHSU
Teaching Enriched Activities
Off Campus Opportunities
• Get paid to work on a rigorous, lab-based project at L&C or OHSU.
• Explore a potential career as an educator, scientist or mathematician.
• Spend the summer in Portland!
School Year Opportunities
• Explore the science of teaching by working in a classroom.
• Broaden access to science and math education for students from underrepresented groups.
• Learn teaching skills in valuable, sought-after subject areas.
For those who are interested in education but are less familiar with the subject areas, we will provide training so they can be successful in their first teaching experience.
We strongly encourage people from historically underrepresented groups in science and mathematics to apply for all of these positions.
For more information about the programs, please contact Anne Jourdan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The programs described herein are sponsored by generous gifts from the Mary Stuart Rogers Foundation, the Howard Hughes Medical Institutes Undergraduate Science Education Program, the W.F. Keck Foundation, and the James F. and Marion L. Miller Foundation.
Learn more about academic majors and minors at Lewis & Clark.