- Academic English Studies (ESL)
- Asian Studies
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Exploration and Discovery
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- German Studies
- Health Professions
- Hispanic Studies
- International Affairs
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Media Studies (formerly Communication)
- Sociology and Anthropology
- World Languages
The Fall 2017 E&D Section Preference Form is now CLOSED.
You will receive an email to your “@lclark.edu” email address with your E&D Placement on July 7th. You will be able to see your E&D Placement in WebAdvisor before July 11th.
If you didn’t submit preferences by the June 25th deadline you were randomly assigned to an open seat in a Core 106 section. You may email a list of your preferences to email@example.com to be placed on the waitlist.
Please contact the E&D Administrative Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-768-7208 if you have any questions.
After assignments are made it is important to note:
- Changing sections is limited to open seats. Changes have to be made before the start of the third class day; the deadline to change your E&D section is Thursday, September 7th.
- All changes must be approved by the E&D Program Coordinator, no add/drop slip needed.
- The standard add/drop policy, timing, and process does not apply to Exploration and Discovery.
- Your account must be free of registration holds by the September 7th deadline.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
It is important for students to note:
- Fall 2017 E&D Preference Form Registration begins on Thursday, June 1st. The form will remain active through Sunday, June 25th.
- If you do not complete the on-line E&D section preference form by the June 25th deadline you will be assigned to a section on a space-available basis.
- Please select six sections that interest you but select each only once on the preference form. Selecting the same section more than once cancels one of your choices, thereby reducing the number of sections you have selected, and can result in you being randomly placed in a section.
- You may NOT have the same E&D professor that you have had previously. This policy encourages students to explore new disciplines and meet other faculty with different approaches and ideas. Selecting a section taught by your previous/current E&D professor cancels one of your choices, thereby reducing the number of selections you have made which can result in you being randomly placed into a section.
- All classes are held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Generally class times are 1:50 - 2:50pm, however there are a few sections taught at other times to resolve schedule conflicts with other classes (8-9am, 9:10-10:10am, 10:20-11:20am, 11:30am-12:30pm, 12:40-1:40pm).
- The date/time you submit your E&D Preference form has NO impact on your E&D assignment.
- Several faculty members teach multiple sections; therefore it is important to note the time of the class you are selecting.
- Overload requests not accepted.
- You may make changes to your preference form during the above registration time by simply completing another on-line form. The form completed closest to the June 25th, deadline will be considered your final submission.
If you have additional questions, please review the E&D Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)