External Funding Sources
- The Grant Advisor Plus: Access the Grant Advisor monthly newsletter (PDF), search grant opportunity databases, view grant deadlines with hyperlinks to programs and funding agencies, and find useful grant advice.Contact the Sponsored Research Office to access this resource from off-campus.
- Foundation Directory Online: This source provides details on nearly 100,000 U.S. foundations and corporate donors and 1.9 million recent grants. Contact the Sponsored Research Office for full subscription access.
- Grants.gov allows organizations to electronically find and apply for more than $400 billion in Federal grants.
- Duke University Funding Opportunities: Provided by Duke’s Office of Research Support and Office of Research Administration, this searchable resource includes information on funding sources for research and other scholarly projects.
- Texas A&M University Office of Proposal Development: TAMU OPD maintains a comprehensive list of funding opportunities.
- Michigan State University Libraries: Funding opportunities for individuals, organized by academic level, population group, and subject/discipline. Also general information on writing proposals and grant research.
- The GRAPES database catalogs external fellowship opportunities of interest to graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. Search options allow users to search by field, academic level, award type, and other criteria. This database is maintained by UCLA’s Graduate Outreach, Diversity, and Fellowships Office.
- Cornell University maintains a searchable fellowships database.
- The Research Assistant: Resources for research in the social sciences and behavioral sciences.
Humanities and Social Sciences Net (H-Net) Funding Announcements: Funding announcements and searchable resource for opportunities in the humanities and social sciences. Register for updates at: