For First Year Students
WELCOME TO LEWIS & CLARK COLLEGE!
The information contained below is also available on the New Student Orientation website. That site will be fully live on May 20th and will include more detail about registration, and all of the information about New Student Orientation in August. Meanwhile, the links below will take you to specific information about the topics listed.
Set up your LC online account
The very first step you need to take is to set up your Lewis & Clark on-line account at Create your LC email account.*
Creating your Lewis & Clark account will establish your email account and also create your WebAdvisor User ID which you will need to register for classes. LC email is your main means of communicating with folks at LC, especially over the summer, and all official communication from the college will be sent to your new email address.
WebAdvisor is your online access to information and tools you’ll need to register for classes. Through WebAdvisor you can view your grades, find out what courses you need to complete for your degree, and monitor your progress toward graduation. You can also “try out” majors – see what courses you’d need to complete for any particular major. WebAdvisor also gives you access to information about your financial aid and your tuition bill.
The College Catalog
The Catalog provides you with all of the information you need to know about what requirements you must complete to graduate from Lewis & Clark. All students are required to complete “general education” courses which provide students with a solid breadth of liberal arts experience across a range of disciplines. Students also choose one or more Majors (and potentially a minor) in order to study a given topic in depth. The courses required for these general education and Major/Minor requirements are explained fully in the catalog.
In addition, the catalog also provide information about our policies – when you can add courses, when you can drop or withdraw, how grades are calculated, petitions and appeals process, and many other topics. We highly encourage you to explore this section of the catalog.
Please note that you will enter under the 2013-14 catalog and those requirements will apply to you for the years that you are an active student at LC. The 2013-14 catalog is currently being published and will be available to you online by mid-July. (Every summer the new year’s catalog is finalized and published.) Meanwhile, the information in the 2012-13 catalog can give you a sense of the types of courses that meet general education requirements. Your summer advisors can also help you with course selection.
This is a brief review of the important upcoming dates. Please refer to the New Student Orientation Website and see the GPS (the Guide for Pioneer Success) on that website for full directions on completing all of these activities.
· May 20 – 27:
- Create your online LC Account and then explore WebAdvisor – you online access to Lewis and Clark
June 3 - June 23:
- Enter or update your emergency contact information in WebAdvisor.
- Submit your Exploration and Discovery course section preference
- Verify that you have had your AP or IB test scores sent to Lewis & Clark
- Find courses
- Complete and submit the Premajor Advising Questionnaire by June 23. The Premajor Advising Questionnaire is designed to help us match you with a faculty advisor and to prepare both of you for an effective first meeting during NSO.
- Review the Academic Integrity Policy and complete the Academic Integrity Tutorial by June 23. It is important for all students to understand what constitutes academic dishonesty.
This summer you will register for your fall semester courses in three “rounds”.
- Your first registration appointment will be on July 9 or 10.
- Your second registration appointment will be on July 22 or 23.
- Your third registration time will be on July 29 or 30. You should be fully registered after this round of registration.
Please note that the fourth (and final fall registration appointment time) that you will see is the time period during which we re-open registration after the three rounds to allow you to make changes or take advantage of wait-listed seats that may become available for you.
The instructions below explain how to find your appointment times for each registration round. Please note that registration times may not be available until June 23rd.
Login to WebAdvisor using your WebAdvisor User ID and password.
Click on the Students menu
Under Registration, select Registration Permissions
Choose 13/FA CAS-Fall 2013. You should now be able to see the dates and times at which you are scheduled to register for your courses.
Placement and Examination Information
* You will not be able to set up your online account until your deposit has been received by the Admissions Office and you have a “paid” status.