Health Promotion and Wellness Mission Statement
The mission of Health Promotion and Wellness is to develop a healthy campus community that supports students in reaching their full academic potential and living healthy, well-balanced lives. We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing high quality health promotion, education, and prevention information and services.
- Providing high quality confidential consultation to faculty, staff, students and parents about students with health concerns.
- Providing outreach programs to students on topics related to wellness and academic success.
- Collaborating with other partners on campus and in the community in joint initiatives to meet students’ health needs, address public health concerns, and improve student success.
- Providing student leadership opportunities under the guidance of social justice within a public health framework.
- Providing all services in a professional manner that is consistent with ethical guidelines and legal mandates.
- Promoting inclusion and increasing awareness of the impact of privilege, prejudice, marginalization, and discrimination in the lives of individuals.
- Providing a safe environment for all by recognizing the unique and diverse identities of our Lewis and Clark College community.
As we engage with students, we promote and assess the following learning outcomes:
Through completion of PSI: Sexual Health & Consent, students will be able to:
1. describe two characteristics of consent in the Lewis & Clark community.
2. list two resources that they could contact to discuss Sexual Misconduct.
3. describe one way they could intervene in a concerning situation.
Through the completion of a SAPES interaction with HPW staff, students will be able to:
- list two positive and two negative effects they receive from using substances
- describe three strategies for keeping themselves safer and reduce risk while using substances
- estimate their blood alcohol content (BAC).
- list two resources on campus or in the community that they could contact to discuss substance use.
Health Promotion and Wellness works to promote and develop a safe and healthy campus environment through continual collaboration with campus and community resources. Please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding specific programs and services.