International Alumni Gathering at Alumni Weekend 2018
Wednesday, June 20th through Monday, June 25th, 2018
If you ever dreamed of returning to Lewis & Clark College, now is the time to plan your trip to Portland, Oregon! You live all over the world but Lewis & Clark will always be your home.
Note to our international friends. When registering, you are required to enter a state and zip code on the registration page. If you don’t have states and zip codes in your address, please enter “00000” for your zip code and “N/A” for your state.
Who is invited? Everyone!
We are calling all alumni back to join us for Lewis & Clark College’s 150 Anniversary. As international/ TCK alumni you are invited to a series of special events in your honor. Whether you attended one semester or four years, AES, ISALC, the Waseda program, an exchange program, or as an undergraduate student we want to celebrate with you at the biggest party in the history of the College.
Reach out to classmates, and consider making it a family vacation. Friendship Family friends are invited too. We are expecting more than 1,500 people to attend including Greg Caldwell, Bridget Flaherty, Joann Geddes, Carolyn Locke, Brian White, Susan Wynne. They want to see you there!
Registration is open; here are some highlights:
• Alumni gathering from all years from around the globe
• Represent your country at the 150 Anniversary celebration
• Stay on-campus in various dormitories and apartments, or catch a shuttle from downtown.
• Opportunities to meet up with former faculty and staff
• Arrive early or stay late and explore Portland
Registration Note: When registering, you are required to enter a state and zip code on the registration page. If you don’t have states and zip codes in your address, please enter “00000” for your zip code and “N/A” for your state.
Here is a condensed schedule to assist you with your planning:
Tuesday, June, 19th, 2018
• First day Residence Hall and Apartments are available for check-in
Wednesday, June 20th, 2018
• Explore Portland
• Kick-off Reception
Thursday, June 21st, 2018
• Family Activities
• Informal gatherings with former L&C staff and faculty
• Explore Portland by double decker bus. Double Decker bus shuttle from campus
• Portland Cello Project concert on campus
Friday, June 22nd, 2018
• Special International Alumni Banquet with a Champagne Brunch
• Pioneer College sessions and activities, including:
- 1 p.m. The Survivor Showing and Q & A with Writer/Director Danial Afzal ’13
The Survivor, a short documentary film, follows the story of Muneeb, who survived the 2014 attack on the Army Public School in Peshawar, Pakistan. Muneeb must deal with the loss of his brother Shaheer in the massacre, and with survivor’s guilt, PTSD and inner turmoil as he attempts to move on in his life. The film has earned many nominations and awards. Read more about Danial Afzal and his film.
• Global Dinner (International alumni are welcome to invite their friendship families to join the dinner; please register them online or send them the link to register.)
Saturday, June 23rd, 2018
• All Alumni Champagne Brunch by decade
• Kid’s program activities
• 150 Anniversary Ceremony
• Birthday Party in the Estate Gardens (Feel free to invite your friendship family to join the fun!)
• All-Class Northwest Salmon Bake
Sunday, June 24th, 2018
• Double Decker bus shuttle from campus to Portland
•Get together with your friendship family
Monday, June 25th, 2018
• Lewis & Clark Golf Tournament
Tuesday, June 26th, 2018
• Last day to check-out of Residence Halls and Apartments.
Questions? Please email Andrew McPheeters, Associate Dean of Alumni, Parent and Student Engagement: