First Year Regular Decision Application Checklist
Online Common Application (including essay)
Common Application Supplement
The Supplement is required in order for your Common Application to be considered complete.
- Secondary School Report form
- Teacher Evaluation form, completed by a teacher who has taught you in an academic course (English, mathematics, science, foreign language, history, or social studies). Test-Optional Portfolio Path applicants must submit two academic teacher evaluations.
- We will accept letters of recommendation from 10th-12th grade teachers.
- We prefer letters of recommendation from someone who has taught you in 11th or 12th grade.
Official high school transcript.
Regular Decision candidates must submit 1) a transcript including grades from 9th through 11th grade, 2) a complete list of courses in which they are enrolled during their senior year, and 3) grades from the first marking period of the senior year. Regular Decision application decisions may be delayed until grades from the first marking period are received.
Mid-Year Report and updated transcript
All first-year applicants must submit their first term senior grades for review by the Admissions Committee as soon as they are available.
Official SAT and/or ACT scores
Scores are considered official if reported on the official high school transcript or received directly from a testing agency. (Self-reported scores on the Common Application are not considered official.)
Lewis & Clark’s SAT code: 4384
Lewis & Clark’s ACT code: 3464.
- Students applying via the Test-Optional Portfolio Path may choose not to have test scores sent or have their counselors remove the scores from their records before submission to Lewis & Clark. Students are responsible for making their intentions known to the high school counselor.
Note: Personal interviews are an optional part of the application process. If you’re wondering whether you should schedule an interview, read the top ten questions about Lewis & Clark College interviews.