LC Day of Giving Tuesday, April 3
March 28, 2018
Day of Giving is back, and this year we honor our sesquicentennial with a special match from the Board of Trustees. Beginning at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, April 3, we have 24 hours to secure 1,867 gifts from faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, and friends from all three schools. When we do, our Board of Trustees will donate an additional $150,000.
Staff and faculty are an integral part of the day’s success – last year they made 241 gifts, a great show of support for LC students!
This year, like last, we have some generous matches from our campus community to inspire staff and faculty:
- Jane Atkinson, Vice President and Provost, will give $35 for every staff person in Campus Safety, Financial Aid, Hoffman Gallery, Information Technology, Institutional Research, Religious and Spiritual Life who makes a gift.
- Alan Finn, Vice President for Business, will contribute $25 for every gift made by Business Office, Human Resources, Facilities, Office of Financial Planning and Analysis, Student and Departmental Account Services, Sustainability Office staff today (up to $1,000).
- Scott Fletcher, Dean of the Graduate School of Education and Counseling, has pledged $2,000 to the Graduate School’s Annual Fund and will add $500 if at least 50% of graduate faculty and staff participate in this year’s Day of Giving.
- Anna Gonzalez, Dean of Students, will contribute $1,000 to the Annual fund if 400 students make gifts.
- Jennifer Johnson, Dean of the Law School, has pledged $1,000 to the Law School’s Annual Fund after 150 gifts are made to the Law School.
- Lisa Meyer, Dean for Enrollment and Communications, and Erica Johnson, Director of Admissions, will each give $20 for every Admissions staff person who makes a gift.
- Bruce Suttmeier, Interim Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, will contribute $10 for every gift (up to $1,867) by:
· Tenure and tenure track faculty and administrative staff in academic departments
Or by staff from the following departments:
· Academic English Studies
· Aubrey R. Watzek Library
· College Advising Center
· Symbolic and Quantitative Resource Center
· Office of the Registrar
· Overseas and Off-Campus Programs
· Sponsored Research Office
· Writing Center
If 50% of staff and faculty from these departments make gifts, every staff and faculty member will have a chance to win a reserved parking space in the Fir Acres Lot for the remainder of the semester.
- Josh Walter, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, will contribute $1,867 to the Annual Fund if 100% of Institutional Advancement makes a gift. If this goal is met, then IA staff will be entered into a raffle for Josh’s reserved parking space for the remainder of the fiscal year.
- In addition, President Wim Wiewel will contribute $1,000 to Pioneers for Pioneers if 70% of the Class of 2018 make a gift by May 31, 2018.
Once you’ve made your gift, show your Pioneer pride: let the world know you supported LC by tagging your social media post with #LCDayofGiving. Even better, post a photo of yourself, your family, friends, or pets in Pio gear or black and orange, and you’ll be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card. Download a temporary profile picture and spread the word!
Learn more about LC Day of Giving here.
Q: How do I give?
A: Visit the Day of Giving page or stop by our tables in the following location:
- outside of Fields Dining Hall, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- JR Howard Hall, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Pamplin Athletic Center, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Law School Campus, LRC Student Lounge, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Q: If I make a recurring monthly gift will it count toward the gift total?
A: Yes. And, if you choose to make an additional gift, it will be counted a second time, helping us to reach our 1,867 gift goal.
Q: Where does the money go?
A: To the annual fund, unless otherwise specified. The annual fund allows us to support our areas of greatest need.
Q: If I give to an area other than the annual fund, will it count?
A: Any gift to any fund made by staff, faculty or students on April 3 will count toward the goal.