Internship available with the Foundation Center
April 30, 2014
Want to work for the US’s leading philanthropy organization? We’re excited to announce that the Foundation Center is offering an exciting summer internship exclusively for a L&C student! Search for number 6039 in PioCareers or see description below.
TITLE: Intern, Electronic Reporting Program
The Foundation Center, the nation’s leading authority on philanthropy, seeks a resourceful, self-motivated, and detail-oriented student intern to serve in our Electronic Grant Reporting Program beginning as early as May 2014 for 15 to 20 hours per week. This internship is unpaid.
This part-time internship position will support the outreach and tracking efforts of the program manager undertaking a national outreach campaign to encourage foundations to proactively share timely, detailed and accurate grants information. This data is centralized at the Foundation Center and used by foundations, nonprofits, researchers, legislators and the media to answer important questions about the work of the philanthropic sector. http://foundationcenter.org/grantmakers/e-grants
Examples of data applications include:
- National Research: http://foundationcenter.org/gainknowledge/research/nationaltrends.html
- Questions Around Equity:
- Interactive Mapping Tools:
- Funding Research:
- Exposure to the processes and practices of outreach, creative communication, and streamlining data flows between over 4500 U.S. foundations;
- Exposure to planning for a national campaign executed through 34 regional associations;
- Exposure GIS mapping technology;
- Exposure to current issues and trends in the social sector.
- As scheduling allows, complimentary enrollment in related Foundation Center training workshops;
- Experience in the use of NetSuite, a customer relationship management software that is widely used to track and maintain connections to customers;
- Experience in use of the Foundation Center’s Foundation Directory Online, the nation’s leading database for researching foundations and their grants, as well as other Foundation Center research and training tools;
- Experience in learning about regional grantmaking associations;
- Experience working as part of a welcoming and effective team that cuts across several Foundation Center departments.
Key day-to-day responsibilities
- Assist with drafting materials, blogs, social media promotion, outreach letters, campaign materials as needed;
- Assist with developing and maintaining outreach tracking system in NetSuite;
- Assist with implementation of outreach strategies to philanthropy networks including regional associations, affinity groups, and donor advisors;
- Assist with preparing source documents for editorial processing;
- Work closely with E-Grant Reporting team in contacting grantmaker staff concerning electronic reporting and enhancing electronic grants data;
- Assist in testing new research portals and electronic platforms;
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to excellence, the ability to think and learn quickly, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, a high level of competency in using popular office software (particularly Microsoft Excel), strong writing skills, comfort and enjoyment in interacting with others, and an appreciation for the activities of the social sector. Professional, positive attitude a must; relevant previous experience a plus.
Availability 20hrs/week, flexible schedule.
Please email resumes and cover letters by May 31st to:
Nina Olken at firstname.lastname@example.org
This internship is hosted by a Lewis & Clark Alum and reserved for a qualified Lewis & Clark student. Apply today!