Seeking nominations for 2015 Impact Awards
March 12, 2015
Since 2006, the Department of Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement (formerly OMA) began a tradition of recognizing a College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) students and community members for their contributions toward developing and supporting a diverse and inclusive campus community. In that spirit, we are requesting nominations for this year’s Impact Awards, which will be presented at the IME Banquet on April 1.
NOMINATIONS ARE DUE BY NOON ON FRIDAY, MARCH 20, 2015.
You may nominate more than one person for each award.
1. RAY WARREN LEADERSHIP AWARD
This award will be given to a graduating senior who exemplifies the spirit and determination of founding Director Ray Warren, and who best fits the following criteria:
- Is engaged in the Lewis & Clark or greater Portland community
- Demonstrates leadership on campus and a commitment to diversity and multicultural education through their participation in programming and student groups within IME
- Possesses a spirit of determination, care, open-mindedness, and optimism
- Creates a welcoming community for underrepresented students (e.g. students of Color, LGBTQQIA identified students, first-generation, students of faith, and/or non-traditional students) at Lewis & Clark
2. KRISTI WILLIAMS RECOGNITION AWARD FOR STAFF OR FACULTY
This award is for any staff*or faculty member that has initiated or created a positive change on campus and that best fits the following criteria:
- Exemplifies IME’s core values of diversity, multiculturalism, inclusion, and social justice
- Contributes to the advancement of a more diverse and inclusive campus environment
- Serves the underrepresented students on campus (e.g. students of Color, LGBTQQIA identified students, first-generation, students of faith, and/or non-traditional students) through mentorship, advising, and/or advocacy
- Inspires others to create positive change on campus
*staff within the Department of Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement are not eligible for this award
The Impact Awards will be presented at the IME Banquet on Wednesday, April 1 @ 6:30pm in Stamm. Thank you in advance for your willingness to acknowledge your peers and mentors in their tremendous work! We look forward to receiving your nominations!