Become A Student Life Intern: Apply Today!
January 31, 2014
Templeton Campus Center
Applications Being Accepted Now
Interviews Begin Monday, February 10th.
What is a Student Life Internship?
Since 2007, the Student Life Internship Program has provided students practice in a professional setting and developed their career-ready preparation for success beyond Lewis & Clark.
Student Life Interns play in important part on our campus teams. Students selected for internships work in a very interactive environment where they are involved in the day-to-day activities of their departments, facilitate and lead programs, and gain direct experience in fields related to Higher Education and Student Affairs. Student Life Interns live on campus, and receive full housing credit (equivalent to double occupancy room rate) as remuneration.
Which areas of Student Life participate?
Consider applying for one of the ten (10) internship positions for the 2014-2015 academic year. We have positions in the following offices (click the hyperlinks for position descriptions):
- Career Development Center
- PE/Athletics (3 positions)
- Campus Living
- Dean of Students
- Inclusion & Multicultural Engagement (IME)
- TCKs/International Students and Scholars
- Student Activities
- Student Support Services
What are the general requirements?
The following are general requirements of all Student Life Interns. Read each position description carefully for additional internship specific requirements that apply.
- Commit to a minimum of 12 hours per week.
- Attend a mandatory staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist with walk-ins, answer phones, and provide front desk coverage.
- Attend monthly Student Leadership Development workshops
- Maintain a Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.75*
- Maintain full-time undergraduate status and live on campus.
How do I submit an application?
You have what it takes to become a Student Life Intern! To apply, complete the following two steps by Monday, February 10th at 3:00pm (for full consideration):
1. Complete the Student Life Intern Application Form, which is linked here.
2. Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Internship Application”.
3. *Students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements can still apply but must address the following questions in their cover letter: a) How do you monitor your academic progress to ensure you do well in your coursework? b)How will you effectively balance your time?
What if I still have questions?
Come to the Information Session on Tuesday, February 4th @6:30pm on the 3rd Floor of Templeton (Room 324) with an opportunity for you to meet current interns.
For additional information, including contacts for supervisors, please visit the website or contact the Student Life Internship Coordinator, Tricia Brand.
For more information:Latricia D. Brand
Associate Dean of Student Engagement
Student Life Intern Coordinator
503-768-7743 or 503-768-7186