A Homage to Khayyam
Date: November 18, 2017 Location: Agnes Flanagan Chapel
Agnes Flanagan Chapel
On behalf of Lewis and Clark College Music Department and Andisheh Center, we are pleased to invite you to Iranian traditional music and art workshops followed by an evening performance on November 18, 2017.
The workshops are a great introduction and a hands-on experience, designed for anyone who is interested in Iranian music and art.
The sessions are hosted from 1:30-6:00 pm in the Diane Gregg Pavilion, and include:
• 1:30-2:30 pm Persian classical musical modal system
• 2:30-3:30 pm Calligraphy and Illumination (Tazhib)
• 4:00-5:00 pm Persian dance instruction
• 5:00-6:00 pm An introduction to daf (Iranian frame drum)
Registration for workshops is on a first come, first served basis and SPACE IS LIMITED! Please click here to register and reserve your space.
Following the workshops, local artists will offer an evening performance from 6:30 to 8:00 in the Agnes Flanagan Chapel. The evening performance include:
• Omar Khayyam - An introduction to his life and works
• Dance performance
• Live music performance
General Admission: suggested donation