8th Annual Pio Fair
Date: September 6 2013 4:00pm - 7:00pm Location: REVISED: Templeton Campus Center
REVISED: Templeton Campus Center
THE WEATHER ISN’T COOPERATING BUT PIO FAIR GOES ON!
Please join us from 4pm to 7pm in the Templeton Campus Center to celebrate Lewis & Clark’s 8th Annual Pio Fair. The picnic dinner will be in Fields Dining Hall and all of the student organization, department, and community partner information tables will be in Stamm. Our featured entertainment, Bear Mountain, will be performing in the Trail Room from 5pm to 6pm.
Come have fun Oregon style - dance, meet and greet, and eat inside while it rains!
- Kick off the 2013-2014 academic year with Pio Pride at the 8th Annual Pio Fair!
- Enjoy a free picnic dinner and live entertainment featuring Bear Mountain!
- Meet some Newfoundlands - L&C’s mascot!
- Reconnect with and meet L&C students, faculty and staff!
- Meet student leaders from the Campus Activities Board (CAB) and the Associated Students of Lewis & Clark (ASLC) and learn about what they have planned for the year and how you can get involved!
- Check out L&C’s student organizations and departments!
Pio Fair traditionally happens each year (this year we’re celebrating our eighth year!) at the end of the first week of classes. It’s our way of celebrating the start of the new academic year, and introducing students, faculty, staff and community partners to L&C’s 100+ student organizations…all while enjoying a picnic dinner and live musical entertainment!
This year, Pio Fair falls on the second day of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year and the beginning of the High Holidays. This is an important time for many of us and we respect any decision regarding participation.
If you are interested in attending High Holiday services, please get in contact Rachel Hirsh, Lewis & Clark’s Hillel Engagement Associate at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bear Mountain’s electro/dance style blends syncopated bass lines and arpeggiated synth cords with live instrumentation and soaring vocals to produce a style that is unmistakeably fresh and powerfully captivating.
With a vocal timbre reminiscent of Ray Lamontagne, and an emotive, spacious sensibility in the vein of Damien Rice, Bear Mountain performs with powerful release and vulnerable honesty.