Skip to content
Research Top Ten
- Pay attention to details.
- Decrease independent variables but increase dependent variables (i.e. fewer manipulations but more measures).
- Anticipate potential troubles and try to problem solve beforehand.
- Minimize interactions between participants and experimenter.
- Collaborate with team members and delegate responsibility amongst the team.
- Be careful with data entry – make sure that data entered will be compatible between Excel and SPSS.
- Coordinate lab schedules between research teams.
- A research experiment will take much longer than expected to complete from start to finish.
- Never change methodology part way through data collection.
- The only mortal sin of research is fabricating data.