As a Philanthropy Council Parent Associate, you grow the philanthropic connection between your parent community and the College. You serve an important role on the Lewis & Clark Philanthropy Council (LCPC), contributing to LCPC’s overarching goals of increasing parent involvement and giving.
Each year, LCPC sets goals for parent associates. This year’s goals for the team are:
- Increase the number of parents giving to the Parents Fund to 700. Last year, 656 current and past parents gave.
- Increase parent membership in the Leadership Society to 100. Last year, 96 current and past parents gave $1,000+. Starting this year, the entry giving level to the Leadership Society was raised to $1,867 in honor of LC’s Sesquicentennial.
- Fundraise $30,000 from parent associate outreach. Last year, the Parents Fund raised over $280,000.
Class Associate Duties
- Practice what you preach – make your own gift by February 1
- Select 10-20 parents to personally steward throughout the year
- Ask other parents to give via email, phone calls, and/or personal notes
- Post, like, and share about giving to LC on social media
- Personally thank parents when they give
- Read and actively participate in LCPC communications and trainings
- Recruit 2 other parents to be Parent Associates each year
There are three 4-week sessions each year:
- October 16, 2017 – November 10, 2017 [Not taking place this year]
- March 13, 2018 – April 10, 2018
- May 7, 2018 – June 1, 2018
Each session, you’ll spend about 10-20 hours volunteering (or 2-5 hours per week) depending on how many classmates you select.
Your time as a Parent Associate is not termed. However, we do ask you serve at least one year. After one year as a Parent Associate, you are eligible to become a Parent Director.
You are supported! Annual Giving offers several ways to help you become more confident in your role. Some of those ways include:
- Comprehensive packets and materials
- Examples and templates
- Conference calls
- Live and recorded webinars
- Regular updates and reports
- LCPC Parent Listserv to communicate with other Parent Associates
Join Lewis & Clark Philanthropy Council and make a difference! You’ll bring your classmates closer together and foster a community of philanthropy. It can’t happen without you.
Inquiries are always welcome. Contact Julie Newsome at email@example.com or 503-768-7963.