- Academic English Studies (ESL)
- Asian Studies
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Exploration and Discovery
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- German Studies
- Health Professions
- Hispanic Studies
- International Affairs
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Media Studies (formerly Communication)
- Sociology and Anthropology
- World Languages
Chinese Placement Exam
The Chinese proficiency test is required of all students wishing to place into language classes above first-year (101) Chinese. If you will be taking CHIN 101, you do not need to take the exam. We wish to put you in the class that will be best suited to your abilities and motivation, so it is highly recommended that you meet with a Chinese instructor during NSO, no matter your placement on the online exam.
If you place above CHIN 201 (and thus satisfy the College’s Foreign Language requirement), you are required to have an in-person follow-up meeting with a Chinese instructor to verify your results.
Please see the Foreign Language Placement Exam Webpage for more information.
Proctored tests in Chinese are offered in the Interactive Learning Center in Miller building, room 211 during the academic year (closed during winter break). To make an appointment for a proctored exam, email email@example.com. The test takes up to 1 hour, so please plan accordingly.
Accessing the Exam
- The exam is available online during the summer and advising periods.
- You MUST use Firefox Internet Browser to access the exam. If you do not have Firefox on your computer, download it for free here.
- You must disable pop-up blockers. See help sheets below.
- The test is in our course management system, Moodle. You will log in to Moodle using your Lewis & Clark username and password.
- Your username is the first part of your LC email address up to the @. If you don’t have an LC email yet, create it by going to Account Management and selecting Create LC Account.
- If you don’t know your password, you can reset it by going to Account Management and selecting Reset Password.
- Questions about your LC account? Call the IT Service Desk at 503-768-7225 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- After you log in to Moodle, you will be asked if you wish to enroll in this course. Click “Yes.”
- Read the additional information and click on the Attempt Quiz Now button at the bottom. The same page of instructions will show up again because it is important that you read all the instructions before taking the test!
If you have any questions about the exam that are not addressed in the FAQ above, please contact Prof. Keith Dede at email@example.com.