- Academic English Studies (ESL)
- Asian Studies
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Exploration and Discovery
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- German Studies
- Health Professions
- Hispanic Studies
- International Affairs
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Media Studies (formerly Communication)
- Sociology and Anthropology
- World Languages
Mathematical Placement Exam for 2017 Incoming Class
Prior to registration, all* students must take the ALEKS Placement Assessment.
The assessment is administered online through through ALEKS, an adaptive program that uses artificial intelligence to quickly and accurately determine what a student knows, doesn’t know, and is ready to learn. The results help us place students in the classes that they are best prepared to be successful in.
This assessment measures mastery of mathematical content ranging from basic arithmetic to precalculus. We require proficiency roughly equivalent to Algebra 2 (the course before precalculus) to register for most lab science classes, as well as all classes that satisfies the ‘Science & Quantitative Reasoning Category B’ general education requirement.
To access the assessment
- Log into Moodle using this link. (Note: This requires that you have first set up your Lewis & Clark Account.)
- When prompted, enter the enrollment key: LC2017
- Read about the process of taking and retaking the exam
- Take a quick quiz to make sure you understand the instructions and the results
- At the end of the quiz you will get the course code that you need to set up your ALEKS account.
*The exam is not required if:
- You received a score of 4 or 5 on an AP Calculus AB or BC exam or
- You received a score of 5, 6 or 7 on an IB higher-level mathematics exam (not including IB Math Studies)