- Academic English Studies (ESL)
- Asian Studies
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Exploration and Discovery
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- German Studies
- Health Professions
- Hispanic Studies
- International Affairs
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Media Studies (formerly Communication)
- Sociology and Anthropology
- World Languages
Student Assistance Fund
The Mathematical Sciences Student Assistance and Enrichment Fund
Established in 2008 through the generosity of department alumnus David Dougherty and his wife Julie, this fund has two purposes. First, it will provide assistance for the following to eligible students with financial need.
- Students will have the opportunity to apply for awards to support their travel and registration fees associated with conferences and workshops.
- Students will have the opportunity to apply for funding to assist with fees associated with examinations related to furthering their careers in the mathematical sciences. Examples include the Society of Actuaries Exam and the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
Funding will be awarded to students based on the following criteria.
- Financial need.
- Outstanding academic achievements at Lewis & Clark College.
- Exemplary commitment to the field of mathematics.
Since funding is limited, it is possible that not all applications by qualified students for assistance will be granted.
Alumni Award for Scholarship and Service
Also, the Alumni Award for Scholarship and Service will be made each year at the Honors Convocation to a graduating senior in the department who not only has an outstanding academic record, but who has served the Department in other ways as well. There is no application process for this award. The faculty of the Department will nominate candidates and determine the recipient.