Summer Intensive Language & Study-Abroad Program for Less Commonly Taught Languages - Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until May 24, 2013
November 12, 2012
CLI (Critical Languages Institute) is accepting applications on a rolling basis until May 24, 2013.
Please access the application form at http://cli.asu.edu/apply_to_cli. All courses listed under “Choose Your CLI Program” are still open.
Summer Intensive Language & Study-Abroad Program for Less Commonly-Taught Languages
THE ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY CRITICAL LANGUAGES INSTITUTE
- HYBRID PROGRAMS: 2-month intensive programs on the ASU campus plus optional 1-month in-country study
- OVERSEAS PROGRAMS: 2-month overseas immersion programs
- FUNDING: Graduate and undergraduate funding available
- DATES: Vary. See (http://cli.asu.edu).
- DEADLINE: February 1, 2013
HYBRID PROGRAMS: 7-week intensive courses on the ASU main campus, plus optional 4-week follow-on courses overseas, providing 7-13 academic credits. 1st- and 2nd-year courses only.
- Albanian (Arizona, Tirana)
- Armenian (Arizona, Yerevan)
- Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (Arizona, Sarajevo)
- Persian (Arizona, Samarqand)
- Polish (Arizona, Poznan)
- Russian (Arizona, Kazan)
- Uzbek (Arizona, Samarqand)
Includes in-language co-curricular programming, career/grant mentoring opportunities, and program-wide academic events in Arizona, extensive cultural programming in all locations, and peer-led extramural programming in select locations.
SUMMER PROGRAMS ABROAD: 8-week intensive programs providing 8-10 academic credits.
- Russian (Kazan) 3rd-4th-year
- Russian (Kiev) 5th-6th-year
- Tatar (Kazan) 1st-2nd-year
- Ukrainian (Kiev) 1st-4th-year
Includes homestays, extensive cultural programming, peer-led extramural activities, and summer internships (Kiev).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 1, 2013
APPLICATION AND FULL DETAILS: (http://cli.asu.edu)