- Academic English Studies (ESL)
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Classical Studies
- East Asian Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Exploration and Discovery
- Foreign Languages
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- German Studies
- Health Professions
- Hispanic Studies
- International Affairs
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Media Studies (formerly Communication)
- Sociology and Anthropology
Majoring in French Studies
- A minimum of 36 semester credits (nine courses) beyond French Studies 202, distributed as follows: a) 301, 321, 410, and 450. b) Five elective courses from on-campus or overseas offerings: The three elective courses offered on campus are 330, 340, and 350.
- Overseas study: A minimum of one semester on the Nancy, Strasbourg, or Senegal programs. A full year of overseas study is strongly recommended. Students participating in a one-semester overseas program are advised to take French 321 on campus.
- Majors are required to take a senior oral proficiency evaluation.
Note: Courses taken on campus on a credit-no credit basis cannot normally be counted toward the major.
In French, the following overseas programs are available:
- French studies majors are required to spend at least one semester studying at the University of Nancy or Strasbourg, France, or at the University of Dakar, Senegal. A full year of study is strongly recommended. The Nancy and Strasbourg programs are available fall and/or spring semester; prerequisites are junior standing, completion of French 202, and a GPA of 3.000 in French courses. The Senegal program is available spring semester only; prerequisites are junior standing, completion of French 321, and a GPA of 3.000 in French courses.
- For nonmajors, the country study in Strasbourg or Nancy is scheduled annually for both fall and spring semesters. French 202 and a GPA of 3.000 in French courses are prerequisites. The Senegal program is also open to nonmajors. Prerequisites are junior standing, French 202, and a GPA of 3.000 in French courses.