Peer Advising Fellow
(applications close March 1, 2018)
Beginning in Fall 2018, a select group of PSI co-facilitators will be invited to serve as Peer Advising Fellows, to provide first-year students with peer-to-peer academic support. Working with the College Advising Center and the Pioneer Success Institute, Peer Advising Fellows will gain leadership experience by coordinating and supporting services related to registration, student-faculty programming, and resource access (read the PSI co-facilitator job description here).
Peer Advising Fellow will:
- Provide drop-in style advising in the College Advising Center
- Help students to develop effective academic skills and guide students to academic resources, in individual consultations.
- Assist students with online course registration
- Facilitate collaborative events with CAC staff and L&C faculty
- Run social media accounts and market events
- Greet PSI tours through the CAC
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- In good academic standing
- Full-time L&C student
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Available to attend mandatory bi-weekly staff meetings and training in spring 2018.
- Has completed a grad plan and worked with a College Advisor
- Serve as a positive role model and ambassador for the CAC and PSI.
- Flexible co-curricular schedule
- Academic and/or co-curricular experience working with diverse populations
- Experience with marketing and/or event planning
- Comfortable with public speaking/group facilitation
- Peer mentorship and leadership
- Programming and event-planning
- Marketing and community outreach
- Serve as an ambassador for college initiatives pertaining to student development and the transition to college
Each Peer Advising Fellow will hold 1.5 drop-in hours per week from September 4 through November 5 (10 weeks), except for two event-coordinator Peer Advising Fellows, who will miss two weeks of drop-in hours in lieu of those weeks’ events. This position also requires that students attend bi-weekly hour-long staff meetings, as well as a 3 hours training in spring 2018. The total time commitment per Peer Advising Fellow will be 23 hours.
$275 (paid in the fall semester)
Questions? Contact Heather Miner at email@example.com or Krystler Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org, in the College Advising Center.