Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Congressional Internship
The Congressional Internship Program provides college students with a paid work placement in a Congressional Office or Federal Agency for a period of twelve weeks (Spring/Fall) or eight weeks (Summer). This unmatched experience allows students to learn first hand about our nation’s legislative process.
Promising Latino undergraduates from across the country are selected for this leadership training program. Students gain work experience, participate in a community service project, and receive educational and professional programming provided by CHCI. This comprehensive three-prong approach provides extraordinary learning and networking opportunities for students.
- Students currently enrolled full time working towards their undergraduate degree
Note: Individuals that will graduate in May/June 2011 are NOT eligible for the Summer session. However, these individuals are eligible to participate in the Spring 2011 session.
- High academic achievement (preference of 3.0 GPA or above)
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Active participation in public and/or community service activities
- U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency
Deadline: Deadlines for Spring, Summer, and Fall sessions differ; see website.